We had
the opportunity in Neurological Aspects of Occupational Performance to hear
from Fletcher Cleaves, a public speaker who shared hope and inspiration with
us. Fletcher was a supreme athlete in high school and had the opportunity to
play as a scholarship football player in college. During his first semester of
college, he was in a car accident that left him paralyzed from the chest down.
I can’t imagine. His life was completely changed. Fletcher is unbelievably
positive and has and will continue to inspire and make a change. He was
swerving from a distracted driver when his accident happened. She appeared to
be texting or doing something that required her to look down at her phone. I’m
guilty of this all the time. Since Fletcher spoke to our class, any time I look
at my phone while driving, I think of him and put my phone away. I NEVER want
to be the reason someone swerves and has an accident.
Comments
Post a Comment